The Pacifica Spindrift Theater houses a 98-seat theater presenting musicals, comedies, dramas, and cabarets throughout the year.
Our company was founded 60 years ago by 10 dedicated locals, eager to assemble a community theatre in Pacifica. With the help of the local Parks, Beaches & Recreation program, in 1958 the Pacifica Players opened their first show, “The Tender Trap”, at Linda Mar School.
Some years later, with a devoted following of theatre enthusiasts behind them, the Pacifica Players acquired the old Baptist Church at 1050 Crespi Drive, where volunteers shared their carpentry, lighting, and technical skills to convert the old building into a working theater. The group soon merged with another local troupe, Spindrift Players, to become Pacifica Spindrift Players.
Since then, PSP has been providing volunteer opportunities, both onstage and off, for those passionate about bringing theatre arts to our community and beyond.